Sunday, April 9, 2017

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday

I have made myself ink up my stamps this weekend because it has been absolutely forever since I have given myself time to do what I enjoy...crafting.  We all know how life gets in the way from time to time so this weekend I decided to dust off my blogger reading feed and check out some challenges.  This is my second challenge for the weekend:  Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.  This challenge blog is celebrating it's 8th year so the theme is Happy Birthday.
I went out on Pinterest for some inspiration and found this card from I'm in Haven.  I pulled out my SSS Favorite Flowers (June 2014 card kit stamp set) and the SSS It's Your Birthday set (which I think I got for free last year during my birthday month) and created this card:

I used Core'dinations 65lb vellum and randomly stamped the open swirly flowers, leaves and such from the Friendly Flowers set in Versamark ink and heat embossed with Ranger Gold Embossing powder.  I used cotton swabs to ink up the backside of the vellum with the following ink:  SSS Hybrid Cubes in:  Fern, Evergreen, Deep Purple & Sunshine.  Hero Arts - Ultra Pink.  My cardstock is Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White.  I use 3M Foam tape to pop up the white panels and added a few My Mind's Eye, Now & Then, Gold Enamel Dots for interest to the center of the flowers.  Thanks for looking and have a great week! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, Leslie - I love your flowers! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete