Sunday, September 29, 2019

Simon Says Stamp - STAMPtember 2019

I have not posted in forever!!  I took advantage of Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember 10 year celebration to challenge myself to pull out supplies that I HAD TO HAVE but HAVE NEVER USED (along with the oldies but goodies).  Each time they released a limited-edition collaboration set with a specific company they also started a challenge to show off your projects using that brand. I have had so much fun this month pulling together items by each brand (if I own any) and getting creative. If you see a * next to an item that means this is the first time I have used it.  I am only giving a brief description of the key supplies used or this would be an even bigger post.
Gina K:  *Gina K for Thermoweb Crazy Daisy Stencil, *Nuvo Amethyst Purple glitter paste, Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Ink on Alcohol ink glossy paper coated with Distress Glaze.  SSS Stitched Rectangle die, Concord & 9th Dahlia Turnabout stamp set for sentiment.


Picket Fence Studio:  *Picket Fence Studio - Peacock Mandala stencil, Picket Fence Studio Blender Brushes, Distress Oxide *Twisted Citron, Peacock Feather & Wilted Violet inks, *Memento Tuxedo Black marker for the dots, My Favorite Things (MFT) Wonky Stitched Rectangle (you will see this a lot), *SSS Big Friend Die, *Strathmore Bristol Smooth card stock (white & tinted with Wilted Violet for sentiment).  Papertrey Ink (PTI) Back & White cardstock, rhinestones are leftovers from a new hobby of mine - diamond painting.

PinkFresh Studio:   I didn't think I had anything by this company and then I remembered I have two of their washi tapes that I adore but hadn't yet played with.  I made a total of 5 cards!
Card 1:  *PinkFresh Studio Adorable Frames Washi Tape, *MFT Happy Birthday Circle Frame and Circle Shaker Pouch, *Studio Katia Gold Sparkle Crystals, random confetti, PTI white cardstock.
Cards 2 & 3:  *PinkFresh Studio Rainbow Splatters Washi tape, PTI Birthday Wishes die, *Tonic Specialty Pearl Ripple cardstock, MFT Wonky Rectangles, Press and Seal to help transfer the pieces to the opposite card.  Simple design gets two completed cards with no stamping! 


Cards 4 & 5:  *PinkFresh Studio Rainbow Splatters Washi tape, *PTI Cover Plate - Mighty Bloom Die, PTI White cardstock for the bases, Press and Seal to help transfer the pieces to the opposite card.  Happy Birthday sentiment from *PTI Keep It Simple Birthday III set stamped in Versamark & Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder to closely match the goldish splatter on the washi.  For the shaker card the *Hello sentiment is from SSS Sending Happy Thoughts July 2014 card kit stamp set and the glitters are *Wow ultra fine in the following colors:  Taffy, Cherry, Pumpkin, Sunflower, Mint, Frost, Denim & Orchid. 


The Greeting Farm:  This one is a little bit of a stretch but the glasses are indeed from the *I Love Dad stamp set.  PTI Kraft & True Black cardstock, SSS Frames, Google eyes from the dollar store, sentiment from PTI Off Beat Birthdays
Memory Box:   I love how these turned out.  I recently purchased the *Snowflake Marquee die and couldn't put it to work fast enough.  The SSS *Thanks Frame sentiment fits perfect in the space in the middle.  I even used some precious Tonic Specialty paper in *Silver Silk & *Denim Ripple to make these no stamp cards.  


Brutus Monroe:   I made two cards with his products; the first was a bit of a stretch but the embossing powder is indeed his.
Card 1: *SSS Mom & Dad Icons stamp set and die for the beer stein,  *Brutus Monroe Marshmallow Puff Embossing Powder, Copics Y08 & Y17, *Nuvo Crystal Glaze, sentiment from PTI *Birthday Bash stamp set, PTI Kraft & True Black cardstock and SSS Frames die (one of my favorites).
Card 2:  *Brutus Monroe Birthday Circle Stencil, Deco Foil Transfer Gel, *Brutus Monroe Green Sketch Foil, *Deco Foil Toner Sheet, SSS Stitched Rectangle, SSS Birthday Borders Stamp set for the sentiment.  It is a little crooked but once it is stuck I couldn't pull it back up.  My family is used to the quirks of handmade and love it. 
Honey Bee:   I did three cards but two of them were the same design.  Similar to what I can do on father's day (make two cards at the same time; one for my dad and one for my father-in-law) their birthdays happen to only be about a week apart so I can do two birthday cards at the same time.  Card 1 (made two of them) is with the new Honey Bee *Car Show & *You're A Classic stamp sets.  I colored in the cars with Distress Oxide *Candied Apple, *Carved Pumpkin, Mermaid Lagoon, *Mustard Seed & *Crushed Olive.  The sentiment inside was stamped with the Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and the symbol from the sentiment set was stamped in Mermaid Lagoon.  

For the second card I used the Honey Bee *The Bee's Knee's paper pad and the *Large Thanks stamp set.  I stamped it with Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink and used Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder.  This one is so simple but I love how great it looks.  I can't believe I actually used that glorious paper. 
Concord & 9th:   My absolute favorite set of theirs is the Dahlia Turnabout Stamp Set; I have used it for many cards.  I have had this round frame sitting around for a bit trying to figure out what to put in it for my office at work.  I used this set with Altenew inks in Mountain Mist, Volcano Lake, Lagoon & Emerald to tie in my with teal green/blue theme in my little cubicle at work.  I added some Wow Seaglass embossing powder on top of the Lagoon to give it some sparkle.  Everyone at work loves it and says I should make them in other colors to give as gifts.  I keep looking at it thinking it is a clock.  I am sure I will get used to it not being a clock over time.

Clearly Besotted:  I had to have the April Showers stamp set when I first saw it but then I never used it...story of our lives right.  So I decided to break this one out for STAMPtember.  I made three cards with it. I think I will be purchasing the dies soon because fussy cutting wasn't all that fun; doable but not fun.
Card 1:  I used *Lawn Fawn Watercolor paper in blue and white (looks like a simple sky to me) with the MFT wonky stitched die, I found a gray paper in my stash that had various sections of different patterns in the same hue so I stamped the umbrella tops and paper pieces them back on the handles.  I used my white gel pen to make the dots white on the one umbrella.  The sentiment comes from *SSS + CZ Designs You Got This stamps and die.  The raindrops are Studio Katia. 
Card 2:  Again, cutting in to some hoarded pattern paper.  I think this might be a Lawn Fawn pack that was in an SSS card kit when I used to get them.  The sentiment is from PTI *Keep It Simple - Get Well and the gemstones are *Nuvo Water Droplets. 
Card 3:  Another random pattern paper from my collection (brand unknown).  I colored the umbrella with Copics, G02 & Y17.  The sentiment is from PTI *Keep it Simple - Get Well and the Clear Hearts are Studio Katia. 
SugarPea Designs:  I used the *SugarPea Designs You're My Type stamp set, colored with Copics R24, R27, R29, N0 & N2, the pattern paper is Doodlebug Back to School pad, MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangles and the Polaroid type frame is SSS *Birthday Frame.  I cut off the word birthday from the frame after I die cut it.  I am highly considering the dies for this set but haven't pulled the plug yet.
Altenew:   Last card for this post!  I have had the *Altenew Persian Motif's stamp set for forever but I have never used it so I knew that this was the set I was pulling out when it was Altenew day.  I kept it very simple, mainly because I am running out of time and mojo.  I stamped almost all of the stamps on the PTI Weathervane paper with Versamark, used Ranger Silver and colored in the design with SpectrumNoir clear glitter pen.  It came together really quick and I like how it looks.  It is hard to photograph.
If you made it this far, thanks for looking at my month of September 2019.  Who knows when I will post again.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment