Monday, November 23, 2009

TCP Challenge #6: Place Cards & Napkin Rings

Here is the challenge for November from The Crafting Pot




Your Mission:Create a Place Card -OR- napkin ring for your holiday table.


What qualifies as a place card or napkin ring?

Anything you would use to indicate location on a table (actual seating arrangements, signage for items placed on tables, etc) or any sort of napkin holder (napkin ring, tray, dispenser)


What should you make it with?These can be made from anything... paper, fabric, wire, wood, recycled materials, etc.


Deadline:Submission Deadline is Monday November 23rd by Midnight.


I made the napkin rings using my Mickey and Friends cartridge and my Cricut E. There is a leaf border for Chip n Dale; I cut the shadow and detail at 1 1/2". The shadow is a gold metalic paper and the detail is a brownish orange. I am using the decorative napkins for Thanksgiving but it was easier to see on a white napkin. Off the to right is one of the rings I haven't finished yet...just 4 welded leaves when folded it is a little square.
The placecards are just simple votive holders I got at the dollar store. I used Cricut vinyl in brown and my Design Studio to create the leaves. The leaf is from Stretch Your Imagination and the names are one of the wonderful fonts from Lyrical Letters welded together. As you can see my name is a little longer than my husbands so I had to do mine at an angle. The ribbon has been in my stash for years (after holiday clearance from Walmart). These are nice because the vinyl is temporary. If you wanted to do something more permanent you could use some etching cream to actually etch the glass. I intend to change these over for the next holiday and so on. I have two more to create but my design studio was giving me a hard time so I gave up for now.
Wonderful challenge TCP! Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment