Saturday, August 29, 2015

PTI SAF 2015 - Patterns Challenge




Challenge #2 is the:

 4-patterns-challenge
For this challenge we are to use a provided pattern, sometimes called a sketch, to design our card.  After looking at all of the design teams projects and again flipping through my catalog of supplies I chose the following pattern from Laurie Willson and produced the following card.
Laurie



I used the following PTI products:  Stamper Select White Cardstock, Thank You Kindly stamp set (I don't have the dies so I fussy cut), Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Winter Wisteria, Plum Pudding inks.  
I used a Simon Says Stamps Frame Die to emboss the rectangle instead of using another piece of paper.  The sentiment is stamped in Versafine Black Onyx ink and by using my MISTI I was able to stamp it crisp and clean.  I also utilized the MISTI to double stamp each flag, once with the lighter color, then inked it up with the darker color, used a baby wipe to wipe away some excess then stamped again.  The MISTI is amazing for double stamping...if you don't have it and want better stamping results buy it!!
I am keeping up and so excited. 

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love the dual/gradient tones in the banners and the deeply etched frame around them!

    ReplyDelete