Monday, April 13, 2020

Spring Card Camp - Day 2

Day 2 of the OCC Spring Card Camp was to use an 11" x 4.25", create your design, then cut in half (5.5") to have two card panels. The demonstration video used multiple colors of ink on various stamps so my first attempt was to do a multi-colored embossing powder design through a stencil.  It worked well enough technique wise but I didn't like the look of the finished design.
So back to the drawing board.  I knew I wanted one large stamp or stencil image that I could then cut in half.  I stamped everything, including the sentiments, before I cut.  That made for two really quick cards.


My supplies were:  Papertrey Ink Kraft cardstock for the card panel and the base, Simon Says Stamps Bohemian Lace background stamp and Hand lettered Encouragement sentiment.  Versamark and Wow Metallic Copper Sparkle for embossing the background.  MISTI, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Ranger Distress Collage Medium Matte to glue down the Pretty Pink Posh Espresso Jewels.

Thanks for looking, have a safe day!

2 comments:

  1. I think the first one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I still have it and might see it with different eyes in the future.

      Delete