Sunday, January 12, 2014

DCWV - January Stack-a-holic Challenge

Post 2 for January 12, 2014.  I am just rolling with my blog posts today.  This post is related to DCWV Diary January challenge found here.  I completed a project using both the page sketch and the card sketch.
 The page sketch is:
 
My project used the Crafty Christmas stack that was out in December 2012 (I think).  My goal this year is to use supplies I already own and complete more challenges and scrapbook pages.  The page is of my nieces Brooke and Peyton by their Christmas Tree for 2013.  The stickers are red glitter Recollections from Michaels and everything else is from the Crafty stack.

The card sketch is:
 
Miss Peyton turned two yesterday so I used this sketch to create her birthday card.  I love the bright colors in the Birthday Wishes stack so I chose that one for this project.  The stamp is Papertrey Ink Quilled Elegance stamped in Raspberry Fizz ink and the button in the middle of the flower is a Raspberry Fizz button (all PTI).  The stitching line was cut using PTI's Stitched Lines Die and threaded with some We R Memory Keepers floss.  I found a great video on YouTube (here) showing how to make these accordian style flowers - I tried my own first and it didn't work well and the first one I tried after watching the video was great but it was about 6" wide which was too large for the card.  Third time's the charm!  The card size is 6" x 6" and I made a custom envelope (not shown) with my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch board - this is a great contraption!!! 
Thank you for taking a look and have a great day!  Leslie
**********EDITED TO ADD - 1/31/14 - please check out the Top 10 for January here.  My card was in the top 10 and I was one of the two random winners of some great DCWV prizes.  DCWV really treats their customers well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment