Sunday, August 24, 2014

PTI SAF 2014 - The 1920's

The 1920's kit is so full of ideas I just don't have time right now to glue down all of the rhinestones but I will play later.  I know I will get a ton of use out of that little stamp set and die in the future.
So for Challenge #8 - Sparkle & Shine I didn't use glitter but I used more of my new Ranger Super Fine Silver embossing powder and love it.  I wasn't sure what I would use this card for but then I remembered I have a cousin getting married in March so there is a purpose for this card. 
I used True Black PTI cardstock and stamped the rounded diamond image from the stamp set in Versamark and embossed.  I affixed the three rhinestones to the middle of the flower design on the middle row of diamonds after the card was fully assembled.  I used Fillable Frames #4 for the sentiment and the 'Best Wishes' comes from the 1920's set.  Again I used the silver embossing and the black is Versafine Black Onyx.  I didn't have silver ribbon so I cut a sliver of Stamper Select White cardstock, smushed it in versamark, powdered with the same silver so it all matched and repeated that twice to get a nice smooth strip to transition from the black panel to the white card base.  I popped up the sentiment with foam tape.  Very plain but quite shiny in real life. 
The black panel reminds me of a possible vest design a groom would wear and then, of course, the white resembles the bridal gown...I am quite tickled with how this one turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment