Sunday, June 26, 2016

PTI - Make it Monday #253 - Reverse Stenciling

It has been a long time since I have done a Papertrey Ink Make It Monday challenge but I am really enjoying crafting right now so I thought I would see what was going on over there this week.  I do not have any PTI stencils so I improvised with the Tim Holtz Flourish stencil.  I didn't own a brayer either so I headed over to Michaels after work to add that tool to my collection.  Here is my card:

I liked Betsy's choice of colors so I followed along by using Tropical Teal and New Leaf ink.  The 'One Big Happy' stamp set was used along with the die cut happy in Tropical Teal.  I like the grungy look to the stencil and the inks blended beautifully.  I hope to pass this off as a masculine card so, while I wanted to make it blingy, I opted not to add any glitter or sequins.
So my crafty mojo is back for the time being and I am looking very forward to PTI's Stamp-a-Faire event in a few weeks.  The next skill I need to work on is my photography skills...the picture does not do my card justice.  Have a great day and thanks for popping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment