Sunday, February 14, 2016

Papertrey Ink - 9th Anniversary

Over at Papertrey Ink they are celebrating their 9th Anniversary.  I am losing track of how many years I have followed this blog and purchased from this company but anniversary time and Stamp-a-faire are two of my favorite crafting times of the year.
Check out the festivities by starting here
 Anniversary-header
There are multiple days of projects and in true me fashion I am finishing up on the last day so I am going to do just this one post and then link up everything.
First up  Color Recipe Cards challenge.  Use 1 Papertrey product and a recipe card.  I selected the recipe by Lizzie Jones:
  Lizzie's-colors

The stamp sets are Wet Paint and Brushed Off.  I used the colors shown above and PTI Stamper Select White cardstock.  I used my MISTI (love that thing) and since it is a one layer card I only needed a paper cutter and scoreboard.
Challenge 2:  Create a project inspired by a piece of clothing/outfit.  First a picture of my favorite shirt, then the project:
Stamp set Quilled Elegance, ink Smokey Shadow, Lovely Lady, Versamark Black Onyx, White and Lovely Lady cardstock.  My MISTI again, paper cutter, and Tombow Stamp Runner adhesive.
Challenge 3:  Take 5 minutes to grab some supplies and then use them.  This card didn't turn out great but I did use a stamp set I hadn't used yet:
 
Supplies:  Enclosed:  Flower Mini, stamper select white, Ink - Lovely Lady, Raspberry Fizz, Royal Velvet, 1" and 1 1/4" circle punch, adhesive, DCVW Pebbled Paper in Gray.
Challenge 4:   Create a new card that features nine 1-1/2" squares, each altered in a different way.  Mount them all onto a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" base.
 
I used the Heart Prints stamp set and dies, White and Pure Poppy cardstock.  When ink was used it is all Pure Poppy.  My techniques starting from the upper left and working my way around are:  Stamped and highlighted with colored pencil and Gamsol, Heat Embossed with Rainbow Ranger clear embossing, Ink Blending, (middle left) Stitched with DMC Red floss, Shaker window filled with MS Heart sequins and Palette ultra fine glitter, Washi tape then die cut, (bottom left) embossing folder Cuttlebug Love Language, Stencil, just stamped.  This is hubby's valentines card for this year.
Challenge 5:  Use the Color Pop Fortune Teller to choose your colors.
 
I used the One Big Happy Mini Stamp Set that was free in December.  My colors were Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet and Royal Velvet.  I would not normally put those colors together but I liked how it turned out so I will be keeping the fortune teller and using it again.  I stamped the background and then muted it down by putting vellum over top.  I stamped the Birthday with Staz-on since it was on vellum.
Challenge 6:   Create and mail a thank you card to the PTI warehouse staff.  This challenge called for utilizing a hash-tag but I have no idea how that works so here it goes #saturdaysnailmail
 
I went back to day one and pulled a color combo:  Simply Chartreuse, Lemon Tart, Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz.  I used my MISTI again, stamper select white cardstock, Corner Rounder and the Thank You Kindly stamp set.
Challenge 7:  Last but not least.  This one was  cool because PTI created a Paper Crafting Alphabet listing where you use the letters of your first or last name to come up with your challenge.  I wasn't liking either my first or last name so I tried my hubby's name and like that much better.  K = use Kraft Cardstock, E = incorporate an emboss resist technique and N = try a new product that you purchased but haven't used yet.
 
 I used the Friendly Flowers stamp set, Kraft, Fine Linen and Ripe Avocado cardstock.  I stamped the background with versamark ink and heat embossed with Hero Arts clear.  I used Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado ink to blend over and the cleaned up the embossed images with a slightly damp baby wipe.  I heat embossed the sentiment using versamark ink and WOW Bright White Opaque powder.
Thanks for looking and sorry for such a long post.  Congratulations to PTI for reaching their 9th Anniversary and here's to many more years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment