Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Holiday Card Workshop 2021 - Day 2




Day 2 at Online Card Class Holiday Card Workshop is Mass Produced Cards.  I made 4 of the same design.  The finished card size is 4.5 x 6.5 due to me wanting to use the selected sentiment stamp and wanting to have a nice border.  When I go to use them I can make envelopes if necessary so the odd size doesn't bother me.

 

Supplies/steps:

    • Simon Says Stamp Candy Cane Background, stamped on Papertrey Ink Lovely Lady cardstock cut to 3 x 5 with PTI Pure Poppy Ink.
    • Blended Pure Poppy and Aged Mahogany Distress Oxide inks over the panels to tone it down a little.  Set aside to dry.
    • Cut PTI white cardstock to 4.5 x 6.5 and stenciled on a random Heidi Swapp diagonal stripe stencil with Bundled Sage Distress Oxide ink.  I had a different plan in my head but when I went to stamp a different 6x6 background stamp on this panel I realized the size wouldn't work so I had to find something larger.  Stencil to the rescue.  Let those dry.
    • I used Versamark ink and Ranger Gold embossing powder for the edges of the four red candy cane panels.  My pad was pretty dry so the edges are just barely there but I actually like it.  I did reink before moving to my sentiments.
    • Used Simon Says Stamp Holiday Greetings Mix 1 sentiment with Versamark Ink.  I did one panel with the same Ranger Gold that I did the edges but it was hard to read.  I did the next panel in Ranger Gold Super Fine Detail and it was a little easier to read.  The third panel I used Wow Opaque Bright White Super Fine embossing powder and it is legible but I liked the second one better so back to the Fine Detail Gold for the fourth panel.
    • Prepared four 9 x 6.5 card bases and scored at 4.5 from the same PTI white cardstock used for the front panels.  Used my Misti without the mouse pad in it to line up the striped panel flush on the card base and adhere with ATG.  The L ruler from the creative corners set was the perfect 0.75 spacing to line up the center red/pink panel on the front of the card.  Happy accident that the spacing worked out perfectly!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment