Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday Card

I wish I had taken a picture of the finished product. I got to use a lot of Christmas presents on this card for my sister Shelley's birthday. I used my new Cricut Cartridge - From my Kitchen (thanks Kim) for the cupcake. I used my new Cuttlebug and swirl embossing folder for the swirls in the frosting part of the cupcake (thanks to my husband and in-laws). Finally, I used my new Xyron 5" create-a-sticker to turn the cupcake into one big sticker (thanks Gigi).

The glitter is Stickles, the diamond paper and brown paper is DCWV, the pink, purple and white paper is basic card stock from the office supply section at Walmart. The sentiment is stamped on vellum using Staz-on ink...works wonderfully!! I did learn a valuable lesson about white core card stock--it doesn't emboss flawlessly. I had to use a brown brush tip marker to color over a few spots on my "chocolate" frosting because the white core showed through. Oh well, lesson learned.

In addition to the card I made an envelope using an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of vellum cut "fit to page" on the Cricut. (card size is 4.5 x 6). I also used a 12x12 piece of the diamond paper to cut another envelope at "fit to page" to use as the wrapping for the present. I tied the two together with white ribbon. It looked so nice Shelley didn't even want to open it. Again, I wish now that I had taken a picture of the completed gift.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card!!! How fun to get so many great goodies for Christmas!! How you spoiled you were but I'm sure you deserved it and looks like you're putting it all to great use!!

    We would love to see you join us as Sew Many Challenges! Digi stamps, the Cricut and the Cuttlebug work awesomely together!!!!

    ReplyDelete