Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I waited until the Saturday morning of Mother's Day weekend to start making cards - we were going over to see my mother-in-law that evening and I knew if I didn't have a homemade card she would be upset with me.  
I started with this piece of 12x12 Cloud 9 Design Sparkle Cinnamon Burst Cinnamon Stick paper and got comfy on the couch and hand cut-out all of the flowers.  I had to get them off the red background to see what my possibilities were.
Once I cut out all of the flowers I started dividing them by color scheme and matching them with scraps for the backgrounds.  I printed "Happy Mother's Day" out on ivory card stock from my ink jet printer, cut them out and rounded the corners.  I then found solid, matching, colors for the layer between the background and the sentiment.  The card base is Ivory Recollections card stock from Michael's.  I used various adhesives (Xyron X, pop-dots and ATG).

We have three important "Mom's" in our lives:  My Grandmother, My Mom and My Husband's Mom.
They all loved their homemade card.  My mom thought I used my Cricut and she was wondering how the flowers were so flat with that many layers of paper then I showed her a picture of the piece of 12 x 12 paper that I started with and she started looking closer at the edges of the flowers and said "oh now I see how jagged the edges are and by the way my tag is crooked."  I knew she would be my toughest critic!
Thanks for looking!  Leslie 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment