I have been admiring Papertrey Ink products and various bloggers who use their products for some time now so on Memorial Day weekend I decided to place my first order. I ordered the following:
- Fillable Frames #4 Mini Stamp set
- Fillable Frames #10 Mini Stamp set
- Heart-2-Heart #1 Mini Stamp set
- Paper Basics - Stamper's Select White Cardstock (will be trying with Copics later today)
- Perfect Match Dark Chocolate Inkpad
- Fillable Frames #4 Die
- fillable Frames #10 Die
- Heart-2-Heart #1 Die
- Rustic Cream Button Twine
- Rustic Jute Button Twine
After I was done with my order I discovered Nichole's Blog in the upper right corner of their website. On Monday Heather posted the Make It Monday #68: Pocket Cards Challenge. I watched the video and started brainstorming what I would make when my order arrived. My items came in on Thursday and I was able to play with them on Friday evening. The first attempt didn't go as planned, Versamark ink with clear embossing powder on the Kraft card stock, so I moved to plan B - use the Dark Chocolate ink on the Kraft card stock; it worked like a charm.
Supplies for my first ever pocket card with my first ever Papertrey Ink products on my first ever Papertrey Ink challenge:
- Ivory and Kraft Recollection card stock from Michael's. Pocket is 4.5 x 7.5 folded at 4.5 and sewn closed with ivory thread. Card is 3.75 x 4.25.
- I stamped the outside pattern with the cup sleeves from the Heart-2-Heart #1 set in PTI Dark Chocolate ink (the back is the same as the front).
- I cut a scrap piece of Ivory card stock with the Heart-2-Heart #1 Die and stamped it with PTI Dark Chocolate ink and the hearts were stamped using Stampin' Up Pink Passion. I used pop dots to adhere the cup so it would overlap the pocket when the card was inside.
- The "Let's get together" and the cup sleeves were stamped on the card also using Stampin' Up Pink Passion. The "for coffee!" was stamped using PTI Dark Chocolate ink. I have a set of Stampin' Up markers that I used for the leader dots next to the text.
I am looking forward to purchasing more Papertrey Ink products in the future. The ink was awesome; the die cut perfectly in my Cuttlebug with no shim needed; I will be playing with the paper and my Copics here soon and the stamps were great. One project down...many many more to come! Thanks PTI for some awesome new staples in my crafting supply collection. Hope everyone has a great day! Leslie