Wednesday, January 22, 2014

CAS-ual Fridays: CFC126 - Color Blocks

New year, more challenges completed (check), more entries posted to my blog (check)...well almost 100%.  I did complete CAS-ual Fridays CFC125 last week but I never posted it (see below) so I was determined to complete AND post 126.
This challenge can be found here.   Show your skills using blocks of color on your Clean and Simple creation using any products you would like.  I enhanced my challenge by making myself use the Simon Says Stamps January 2014 card kit stamp set 'Only Have Eyes for You'.  I have been getting the kits for a few months and love them all but I rarely use them.  That is going to change this year!!

I used white Canson watercolor paper and cut it in 1"x1" squares.  I stamped the small heart from the stamp set in Versamark ink on 4 squares and used Martha Stewart white embossing powder.  I then stamped the sentiment 'OMG IheartU' on the last square with the same technique and supplies.  I used four shades of Papertrey Ink ink (Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz and Pure Poppy) to watercolor paint the squares.  I really need a new paper cutter blade so the edges are really rough so I decided to round the corners.  The card base is also PTI, White Stamper Select.
Below is the card I created for challenge 125 that I never posted.  The theme on that one was 'in a word'.   Instead of a resolution, choose a word that describes what you hope for the new year.  I thought about that for a bit and decided for 2014 I was going to focus on HAPPY.  I am a brutally honest person and with that comes bluntness, sarcasm, etc so when I told my coworkers that my 'theme' is happy they all laughed at me.  I said no, wait a minute, I am still going to be true to myself but I am going to focus my energy on those things that make me happy...crafting, spending time with my husband, reading a good book, etc and the negative things in my life (work stress, people who don't like me, etc) will be pushed aside for the things that make me happy.  So that being said here is the card I created but was unable to post for challenge 125:


Thank you for stopping by to take a look.  I hope you have a HAPPY day!  Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Great technique, and great layout on your card Leslie! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

    PS Your second card would have been perfect for CFC 125!

    ReplyDelete