Saturday, August 23, 2014

PTI SAF - The Renaissance

I skipped to Challenge #4 - Wax Seals.  I like the stamps that came in the kit but I wanted to try something else.  I have an old Inkadinkado stamps set in my stash called Framed Alpha that I wanted to use the T for a Thank You card (you can never have too many of those).  

I attempted the wax part five different times using various techniques and ended up going with my second one that I actually pulled back out of my trash pile.  I was heavy handed with my pressure and ended up losing the inside of the wax so I created a wax frame T instead.  I stamped on a scrap piece of the red paper and heat embossed with gold embossing powder and affixed the wax to that.  Looking at it now, and my choice of thanks stamp I almost wish I hadn't done the inside of the T.  I masked off the t in thanks from the PTI Thanks All Ways stamp set and gold embossed that as well.
I used a new Simon Says Stamps frame die to cut out that very thin frame from the red and also from a scrap piece of PTI Vintage Cream cardstock.  I gold embossed the frame and glued the three pieces, inlaid together, to a Vintage Cream cardstock base.  I really like the way it turned out.  The other supplies not yet mentioned are below.
  •  DCWV Once Upon A Time Mat Stack (red paper), Versafine ink, Sealing Wax Stick from SAF kit, lighter, heat tool, Tombo stamp runner adhesive and wax paper. 
 

1 comment: