Saturday, February 14, 2015

Papertrey Ink - 8th Anniversary







It is anniversary time over at Papertrey Ink!  I love their anniversary celebration every year because they always release great products and have tons of wonderful inspiration, not to forget the opportunity for great prizes.  I have been a fan of theirs since probably their fourth year but didn't start buying products until their fifth year and I haven't stopped yet.  Their stamps are of super high quality, and I love the coordinating ink, ribbon, paper, buttons, felt, etc.
They are running 10 days of contests and sneaking peeks at their new products.  Below are my submissions for some of their challenges (I skipped day 4 because I don't have a lot of flower stamps.)
Day 1 - Select a color combo and a sketch:
PTI8-color-inspiration-4

PTI8-sketch-inspiration-5
My supplies are:  Papertrey Ink White, Lemon tart & Aqua Mist Cardstock, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse and Versa Fine Black Onyx Inks, Harvest Gold spray mist made with alcohol and the reinker, Ombre Builders and Birthday Classics:  February and March stamp sets and the Shaker Shapes: Star dies.
Day 2 - Visit Maile Belles blog for inspiration. 
I actually own two of her sets so finding inspiration was easy since I could completely lift it.  My inspiration is:
 
My supplies are:  Papertrey Ink White Stamper Select Cardstock, Maile's Sketched Shapes Stamp Set and the following Papertrey Ink inks:  Hibiscus Burst, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Blueberry Sky, Plum Pudding & Smokey Shadow.
Day 3 - Make a tag to match a gift bag 
I bought an address book and a box of chocolates for my grandmother for Valentine's Day so I made a really, really quick tag to attach to the bag.
My supplies are:  Papertrey Ink White & Pure Poppy cardstock, Pink with white heart pattern paper from a miscellaneous 6x6 paper pad I have lying around (the cover is gone so I don't know the brand), Heart Prints Stamp Set and dies, Versamark Ink and WOW Opaque Bright white embossing powder.  The tag die is Hero Arts and the gift bag is from the Dollar Tree.  She wasn't feeling well today so I am taking her gift to her tomorrow.
Day 5 - Use a stamp set from your collection that hasn't seen ink. 

I had to have the Cat's Meow set when it was released but I have never used it.  I decided to make a Valentine's card for my hubby from our two fur babies.  I watercolored with distress ink which I have never done before either.  I attempted to paint the cats to match our two.  Gracie on the left and Socks on the right; Gracie is my little brat and Socks is a true daddy's girl.
My supplies:  Papertrey Ink Stamper Select White Cardstock, Ranger Watercolor Paper, Ranger Archival Black Ink, PTI Cats Meow Stamps and Dies (more stamps are stamped inside), Heart Prints for the sentiment stamped in Pure Poppy Ink.  My Distress colors are Black Soot, Pumice Stone and Walnut Stain. 
Day 7 - Use nothing but Metallics and Neutrals. 
I found inspiration again on Malies blog.  There is no easy way to photograph metallic especially since I waited until the sun went down to try and photograph my projects.
My supplies are:  Papertrey Ink Fine Linen and Kraft cardstocks, Quilled Elegance and Keep It Simple: Anniversary stamp sets.  Versamark ink and Ranger Superfine Gold embossing powder.  I also added some My Minds Eye Charmed Gold enamel dots.
Day 8 -  Blue Ombre
The day 1 card at the top is the first time I inked up my Ombre Builders set and this is the second time I have finally used.  When the challenge said ombre I knew I wanted to make myself use that set again.  I thought this bumpy cloud like design would make a neat frame for a sentiment.
My supplies are:  Papertrey Ink Stamper Select White and Spring Rain cardstocks, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky and Enchanted Evening inks and Ombre Builders & Thanks All Ways stamp sets.
Below are just two more random cards that I have not posted on my blog yet so I thought I would do so now:

The Thanks cards were what I made for mine and my husbands Christmas Thank You cards to our families.  I used PTI White and Pure Poppy cardstock, the Thanks All Ways stamp set (masking off the A), Versafine Black Onyx ink and little Santa Hat brads that I purchased years ago from Oriental Trading and had never used.  The bottom picture is a card I made for my hubby for Valentines Day from some inspiration I found on Pinterest.  The cardstocks are PTI White and Pure Poppy.  I bought a bag of google eyes at the Dollar Tree and adhered them with Glossy Accents.  The stamp is from Simon Says Stamps:  Only Have Eyes for You set stamped with Versafine Black Onyx.  The red frame was cut using my new Cricut Explore and the shape is from the Lyrical Letters cartridge.
I hope you enjoyed this packed post.  Now I hope I can get the photos and links to work on the PTI blog.  Please share comments below as it is very much appreciated and Happy 8th Anniversary to Papertrey Ink!!!
Leslie 
 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment