Thursday, June 4, 2015

Mask-erade, Post 1

Hi everyone.  I am out of work right now recovering from surgery so I thought I would take advantage of the Online Card Class Mask-erade.  If you have never taken on of their classes click on the link and go check it out; they are great.  Yes, you can get free videos...blah, blah, blah, but these classes are fairly inexpensive and wonderful!
I am in a bit of a rush to post so bear with me.  I am going to do these in order of the video's on the daily lessons.
Day 1, Video 1 - this was strictly instructional so there is no project.
Day 2, Video 1 - Large Mask, Small Stamp:

The supplies for this card are:  Simon Says Stamps Cupcake Party and SSS Masking Paper, Versamark embossing ink and Memento Tuxedo Black, EK Success Powder tool, 3M foam tape, Tombow Stamp Runner, paper cutter, Martha Stewart score board, cuttlebug and the following from Papertrey Ink:  Paper - Enchanted Evening & Stamper Select White, Shaker Shaped Star die, Wise Owl, Planner Banners and Wet Paint stamp sets.
Day 3, Video 1 - Basic Liquid Masking:

The supplies for this card are:  Canson Watercolor paper, Archival Black Ink, Fineline Masking Fluid Pen, Rubbernecker Frog Holding Flower and Hoppy Birthday stamps, Versafine Onyx Black ink for sentiment, Nestabilities Classic Large Oval 3rd Die, PTI Ripe Avocado and Stamper Select White cardstock, Distress Evergreen Bough, Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn inks for watercoloring.  Also, paper cutter, score board, Cuttlebug, Tombow Stamp Runner and 3M Foam adhesive.
 Day 4, Video 1 - Masking with Mists and Freezer Paper:

I didn't use mists and actually used a design from day 5 for this card with the freezer paper from day 4 instead of the embossing.  Supplies:  PTI Feather Finery, Freezer Paper, Iron, Marvy Heat Tool, Tweezers, Canson Watercolor paper, Distress Ink in Salty Ocean and Faded Jean, Versafine Black Onyx for the sentiment and basic craft supplies as listed above.
Day 5, Video 1 - Masking Stamped Images with Embossing Powder:
I lost steam so I didn't do a project for this technique but I will give it a try in the future.  I had no idea how this surgery was going to drain me.
Thanks for looking and encouraging comments about my projects is always greatly appreciated.  Leslie 

No comments:

Post a Comment