Sunday, August 30, 2015

PTI SAF 2015 - Unconventional Materials Challenge

8-unconventional-materials-challenge

I had absolutely zero ideas for this challenge so I looked through everyone projects and then I decided to shop my garage for supplies.
I came back with various things but I decided to focus on the electrical tape, $4.99 per roll at Home Depot, and Duck Easy Liner, $4.74 per roll at Walmart.  I knew I wanted to use the easy liner to stamp with so you can see my sample of that below.
After I took the picture I started focusing on the Easy Liner more than the electrical tape and I thought wow that is cut very cleanly and rectangular.  I had an ah-ha moment and decided to add some color to it by sewing in various bright floss colors and the card below was born.


Check out the texture!!!

My supplies for the first card were:  PTI stamper select white cardstock, Birthday Bash Sentiments.  Duck easy liner in black, We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Floss in Watermelon, Hot Tamale, Traffic Cone, Sunbeam, Leprechaun, Spring Rain, Deep Ocean & Grape Vine, Tombow stamp runner adhesive, 3M foam adhesive, regular scotch tape to tape the thread to the back of the card panel and my Tim Holtz tiny attacher (first time use on that).

2 comments:

  1. Love your shelf liner embroidered with floss! It's so colorful and striking. I used shelf liner on this challenge too, but I stamped a background with mine.

    ReplyDelete