Monday, August 31, 2015

PTI SAF 2015 - Red Carpet Challenge

12-red-carpet-finale
The end has come for this year's Stamp-a-faire event.  I didn't purchase the kit this year and think I did pretty good without it not that I didn't love the stamps I am just watching the budget closer since we are trying to start a family.
Here is my final picture of all of my projects at one time:
I wanted to take this moment also to show off my revamped cube storage system.  My mom bought me all but 2 of the cubes at a garage sale for $25.00 all disassembled with no hardware; I bought the other 2 at Michaels on major sale.  I have loved them since I got them but when we redid our home office last October I wanted to add some pizazz so I bought the shelf liner and updated the fronts.  We went with a White, Gray, Black color scheme with an accent color of a Plumish Purple.  I know my hubby thought I was going to explode purple in the room but he was pleasantly surprised.
Recently I had my mom build me a crate essentially that holds them all together, lifts them up just a bit off the floor so I can utilize the bottom drawer and has a solid top across the top for storing my Cricut and Minc machine.  I put the shelf liner up there too and absolutely love how it turned out.

Soon I will have a frame on the wall over it/behind it with chicken wire in it to clip up cards, photos, etc.  I need some baskets for the larger shelves just to hide the stuff.  Here is a pointer though...see the top right cubby, those are Tim Holtz Distress Tins for the mini-distress ink pads.  I have two paint stir sticks from Home Depot that I attached magnet strips to  so I can slide the tins all the way to the back and have no trouble pulling them out when needed.  The regular stick will hold two tins wonderfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment