Tuesday, June 12, 2012

DCWV June Stack-a-Holic Template Challenge

I was finally able to motivate myself to do a Die Cuts With a View Stack-a-holic challenge - I have plenty of stacks but haven't ever completed a challenge.  I have printed out the sketches because I liked them but never did anything.  Here are the details:
Can you believe it's already JUNE? Serious!? Where does the time go! I hope you have been loving our monthly challenges here on the blog. I love seeing everything that YOU submit! I think we have the most creative fans out there :) If you haven't played with us before here's the deal. Create a layout based on the given template using one of our many stacks! Submit your page by June 27th by either emailing it to me {erinmadsen@diecutsinc.com}, posting a photo of it on our DCWV Facebook Page or by posting it on your blog and sending me a link. 

Here is your layout template for June!


Page Sketch from Sketch Savvy

And now for the Card Challenge!

Card Sketch from Got Sketch?

I have decided to do the Card Challenge (I really need to get some scrapbook pages done but opted for the card instead.)  I used the Black Current Stack. 

I hand cut out one of the flowers from a printed page in the stack, used my black Spica glitter pen around the edges of the gray/black petals to add more shine than was provided by the foil paper.  I used a Martha Stewart 1" scalloped edge punch for the center of the flower, stamped it with Staz-on Jet Black and a sentiment from Inkadinkado set Round Frames.  The gray strip and the printed background are also from the Black Current stack and the ivory base is Recollections.  I used my ATG gun and some 3D-Dots to pop the flower off the card and the center off the flower.  I wish my photography showed the actual vibrant colors of this paper.  I didn't do the tails from the sketch because I thought the card had enough details already with the pattern paper.
Thanks for looking and have a great day!  Leslie L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment