Saturday, February 8, 2014

PTI Make It Monday #151 and Monthly Moments Trading Card

I am getting a late start on all of the Papertrey Ink challenges for their 7th Anniversary.  I wanted to play along during the week but my work schedule made that impossible.  I have loved everything that I have seen though and can't wait to hopefully work on the sketch and color recipes tomorrow along with whatever else they throw our way.
If you are not familiar with this company check out their wonderful website here and their blog here.
First up is my card for this weeks Make-It-Monday #151:  Drop Shadow Die Cuts.
I used PTI Stamper Select White and Pure Poppy cardstock to die cut the hearts that work with the Heart Prints stamp set.  I stamped the same design on both white hearts with Pure Poppy ink.  The red hearts are stamped with an image from Sketched Shapes also in Pure Poppy ink.  The 'frame' paper is from Die Cuts with a View Formal Affair stack and is mounted on Pure Poppy cardstock.  I have created so many valentine theme cards in the last few weeks that I am actually going to send them out to my family for Valentines Day.
Next up is my project for their Monthly Moments Trading Cards challenge going on today only.  They are preparing to release some amazing products that will work with the pocket scrapbooking style and I can't wait to see more projects with these awesome products.  I am not into the pocket style yet but I can see myself getting there as it looks like a quick solution to getting some albums done.
Not feeling well today I took a quick nap and was dreaming about this one so when I woke up I had to do it and it turned out pretty much how I planned. 
I used White Stamper Select cardstock cut to 3 x 4.  I took the Quilled Elegance set and cut (yes, I am getting more comfortable with cutting my stamps) the stamp in half to give more space between the sections.  I stamped it in Smokey Shadow and used Hibiscus Burst and Limeade Ice to fill in the heart and leaves....well that is what I call them.  I used Soft Stone and Stitched Lines to make the journal lines.  That is the only thing I would have done a little different was line up my dash lines a bit better but it worked.  I took my We R Memory Keepers corner chomper to the edges - I wish it cut cleaner but again, it works.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment