Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stuck On U Sketches: January 24 Die Cut Challenge - Something to Wear

Over at Stuck on U Sketches the current die cut challenge is
Something to Wear...I have the perfect thing for this challenge (edited to add - I don't wear high heels but I wish I could - I broke my left leg a number of years back and haven't been the same in heels since):


A long time ago I made the card below for my sister-in-laws birthday - see original blog post here.  I have been thinking of making this card again many times since then but haven't.  This would make a great bachelorette party, pregnant in heels baby shower or just a girl party invitation don't you think!?!

Before everyone starts to ask yes, I designed this with my Gypsy & the Forever Young cartridge, no I can't share the cut file - not because I am mean I just don't know how...that being said here are a few step-by-step pictures to show how this works in case anyone would like to see how I make a shaped card.



See the shadow behind the top white layer above, that shows that the card base is not a complete shoe...


I am using this as a thank you card for one of my coworkers who is really into shoes and is always so helpful.  I wanted to give her a unique card to say thank you for your time in helping me learn my new job/her old job.  I hope the step by step pictures were helpful and thank you for looking.  Oh yeah - the paper is DCWV The White Ginger Stack - love the blues, greens and gold foil!





5 comments:

  1. That my be something you wear...but certainly not me!
    LOL!
    But very fun projects! Super glad you shared this with us girls
    at SOUS!

    Warmly, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous heels! I couldn't possibly wear them, but my niece and daughter would definitely enjoy a shoe like that! Thank you for showing us how you created it. And thank you for joining us for our die cut challenge at SOUS! I am your newest follower and look forward to seeing more of your crafty goodness!
    -Melin
    My Blog: MyPaperCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soo cute and fantastic !!! Thank you so much for joining us at SOUS !!!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Sous! Perfect take on the challenge....love the Heals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete