Sunday, February 2, 2014

PTI Make It Monday #150 - Window Screen Card

When I saw the video and inspiration card here I knew immediately that I wanted to make my first ever shaker card - I hope the shaker fits the instructions window screen technique:  Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and the window screen technique.
My paper and ink is all PTI - White, Hawaiian Shores and Limeade Ice.  I used Sketched Shapes to add the tone on tone stripes to the Limeade Ice scalloped circle.  The Hawaiian Shores tone on tone is stamped with a Simon Says Set Only Have Eyes for You.  The sentiment is from the Birthday Bash set.  My scalloped circles are Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circles Small since I do not own any Limitless Layers from PTI that was the only way I could come up with a window frame.

The beads are from a set of mixed embellishments I bought at Michaels before Christmas 2012, they were the inspiration for the colors because they are blue and lime green - great match to the Hawaiian Shores and Limeade Ice.  I made the card twice because my first attempt, on the left, was overfilled and I didn't like the stamped stripes.  The one on the right is the second attempt and I am happier but would have liked a bit more beads.  Next time I will try to be better.

Thanks for looking have a great week!  I am looking forward to PTI's 7th Anniversary Celebration over at their blog.  I am sure there will be some awesome new releases as they have already begun to sneak us some peeks.  Check it out for yourself here.
 

1 comment:

  1. i love your card! such beautiful color and who doesnt love a shaker card? with beads too - love it!

    ReplyDelete