Sunday, February 2, 2014

Stenciled - post 4 and another challenge

This is the end of my Stenciled projects.  I have really enjoyed this class and love all of the new techniques I have learned.  
Day 1 - Technique #4 is to layer/mask the same stencil to create a new look.  Again I made my stencil from my Papertrey Ink Chevron Vertical cover plate.  The colors are Aqua Mist and Sweet Blush.  I inked one color in the stencil then shifted it down to cover the inked portion revealing the white and inked the other color causing the colors to cross.  I then used Simon Says Stamps Lots of Dots stamp set to stamp pink dots in the remaining white space.  Oh I forgot to say that I masked off a section for the sentiment.  That is from SSS Life is a Journey stamp set.
Day 2 - More Inspiration section.  These are blog posts that the instructors have made in the past - this one is from Jennifer McGuire where she used small stamps to fill in the stencil image.  Check out the video here.  I used the Simon Says Stamps Ring Cluster Stencil with their Lots of Dots stamp set.  The colors are Papertrey Ink Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain and my favorite neutral right now, Soft Stone.  She said to be sure you stamp over the edge of the stencil to show the shape of the stencil.  The sentiment is from PTI Mega Mixed Messages and fit perfectly over a few smudges I made.
I am also entering this in CAS(E) this Sketch! #62
 

Day 3 - Adding to Paste - Jennifer McGuire was an additional inspiration showing how to use embossing powder on top of her embossing paste.  Check out the video here.  I am not thrilled with my colors but the card turned out fine.  I used the Hero Arts Tweed stencil again but only one strip of it with Dreamweavers White embossing paste and covered it with Zing embossing powder in Apricot, Grapefruit and Butter.  The Feather and the sentiment are from Papertrey Ink's new Feather Finery stamp/die set.  I stamped the feather and sentiment in Orange Zest ink (best match to Apricot powder).

I ventured outside of my comfort zone and used a lot of products that I own but have never used before.  I feel that my crafting style has improved so much in the last year that I am proud of what I produce.  My family loves getting their homemade cards and are sometimes disappointed when I don't have time and end up having to purchase a card.  That is why this year I am upping my challenge participation so I can always have cards ready for whatever occasion.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! I love the rotated stencil one, great color choices and I am in love with the colored paste card, really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete