Friday, May 7, 2010

Thinking of You





















My grandmother loved all of the cards I made on National Scrapbooking Day (well weekend for me) and asked if I would make her some "Thinking of You" cards. She requeseted 5 cards, not flowery or too girly and no black. The image is a little dark but the colors are brown, gold, green, orange, yellow and ivory.


Supplies:

DCWV Rustic Stack
Ivory cardstock
Brown ink
thinking of you stamp (from Michaels...not sure of brand)
Gold embossing powder
Lyrical Letters cricut cartridge
various adhesives
Brown Ribbon
Corner rounder punch (my new favorite!!)

I haven't embossed a stamped image in quite a while so I was excited to do that again. I also inked a lot of edges. The paisley print paper was a 12x12 sheet with the edges already distressed so I had to ink the edges of the pieces when I cut it to size for the card to make it look better since one or two sides were already done. I don't have any fancy tools for blending but a cotton ball and piece of scrap paper to dab on worked wonders.

If my printer had been working I would have printed the saying inside the card that she requested but the inside is blank so she will have to write it in. Hopefully, I will get a new printer soon so I can complete my cards :)

No comments:

Post a Comment